Monday, February 28, 2011

Eagles Wings

Eagle.

Rhymes with Regal.

The National Bird. 

Patriotic.

Endangered.  Powerful.  Beautiful.


 I drove to Wal-Mart to pick up soup, crackers and huge stock of OJ for my crew of sickies.  On the way there I was thinking about and praying for my friends who are going through some tough stuff at their workplace.  I had been feeling tensed up about the situation my friends are in, and nervous about what was going to happen in their situation.  Before I got out of the car I ended my prayer with 
"I'm confident you are present in this situation Lord.  Please show yourself."

I opened the door, stood up and something in the sky caught my eye.  TWO bald eagles were soaring and swooping just fifteen feet over my head.  Bald eagles aren't rare to see around here, but they aren't super common either.  One thing is true...I've never seen two eagles together like that before.  I watched them soar and swoop and play together as I smiled to the sky saying 
"Thank you Lord, I got it..."



"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings 
like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31


1 comment:

  1. My favorite bible verse. Praying your friends find that hope and renewed strength.

    ReplyDelete