Sunday, June 13, 2010

To Do This Week

I need to have a running To Do list to keep me on track.  This week coming up is our last week of 'official' school around here, though we will continue to do some academic work over the summer...just in a MUCH reduced format...and often in ways that don't look like school!  :)


But I have self diagnosed me with adult ADD.  Kinda tongue-in-cheek, but I DO have a tendency to get easily sidetracked!  So having a list will give me a reference point when I find I've gone a little wayward!

TO DO: (in no particular order...)

  • Do my "Freshen Friday" tasks that I should have done last Friday...all that's been accomplished so far is changing the sheets on my sons bed!
  • Make a Menu Plan and matching grocery list
  • Read daily...starting with "For the Children's Sake" by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
  • Figure out a storage method for curriculum books and supplies for next year.  
  • Work on getting portfolio books for this school year completed for all 3 children.  Goal is to have them entirely completed before the end of the month.
  • Make homemade laundry detergent (I'll post my recipe for it too!)
  • Complete our summer planning with what academic work I'd like to accomplish (ie - complete Story of the World Vol. 1, writing, spelling & reading)
  • Plant the flowers that need to be in separate pots, including Sassafrass' "Magic Touch" plant. 
  • Keep up on daily/weekly cleaning & laundry
  • Learn how to scan documents using hubs' scanner
  • Work on some creative ideas for a logo for the 'Breaking Free' theme for our Mom's Time group at our homeschool co-op for next year.  
  • Make top secret Father's Day gift for hubs with the children (since my guy reads this, I can't give any more details until after the gift has been given!)
  • Gather materials & pics to use at the Scrapbooking Party on Saturday...can you believe I'm still working on my wedding scrapbook?!  (I was married nearly 5 years ago!) 
  • Get the kids together and do a MAJOR clean out of the mini-van.  We haven't done it since before winter and it is pretty nast.  It's overrun with Polly Pockets and random toys too.  REALLY needs a deep clean.
  • Write our adoption story for an upcoming guest post on another great blog (more on that in days to come!).
  • Sign up kids for community reading programs at the library and Barnes & Noble. 
  • Go grocery shopping
There will be more added to this list, but hopefully I can get a lot crossed off too!


Posts to look forward to this week:

Homemade Laundry Detergent
Menu Plan
Homeschool Portfolios
and more!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your "to do" list for the week is ambitious! Do you ever write something on your list after you do it? I confess that I do...just to see what I've been able to accomplish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie! It is an ambitious list...I'll consider myself successful if I make it through MOST of the list! :) I have gotten a few things crossed off today (though I will admit I added "Go grocery shopping" at the end there just before I left to actually go grocery shopping! So yes, I often add to the list just to cross it off to see what I've done. I feel more accomplished that way! :)

    ReplyDelete