Monday, June 14, 2010

Menu Plan: June 14th to June 21st

Finally getting back into weekly menu-planning after a month long hiatus.  I don't know why I took the hiatus, but I do know that every day that the husband or kids would ask "What's for supper?" and I'd respond with a shrug and a grunt, I was reminded that if I had only planned a menu that week, I'd know!  So we ate a lot of 'fluff' kind of meals, not the ones that represent how I want to be feeding my family and myself!  
Menu Plan - 6/14 to 6/21
Monday, June 14thBreakfast - Eggs or Oatmeal
Lunch - Tuna sandwiches with carrot sticks
Dinner - Broiled Fish (flounder) & steamed cauliflower
(NOTE: I couldn’t go grocery shopping in time to make it work this week.  But starting next week and going forward we are joining the “Meatless Monday Movement”

Tuesday, June 15th

Breakfast - Make Your Own (choose from cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast)
Lunch - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches & Veggies
Dinner - Sesame Chicken from GlutenFreeMommy 
(even though none of us are allergic to gluten...this is a GREAT recipe!  We use agave nectar in place of sugar in the recipe and it turns out delish!)

Wednesday, June 16th

Breakfast - Apple Cinnamon Muffins & Yogurt/Fruit
Lunch - Chicken Quesadillas
Dinner - Sloppy Joes

Thursday, June 17th

Breakfast - Eggs & Bacon
Lunch - Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches
Dinner - Crock Pot Sante Fe Chicken

Friday, June 18th

Breakfast - Smoothies & Toast
Lunch - Bean & Cheese Burritos
Dinner - Homemade Pizza

Saturday, June 19th

Breakfast - Make Your Own (choose from cereal, yogurt, toast & fruit)
Lunch - Leftovers Lunch
Dinner - Chili Bean Burgers

Sunday, June 20th

Breakfast - Eggs & Bacon
Lunch - Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Dinner - Asian Turkey Meatballs & Rice

Monday, June 21st
 
MEATLESS MONDAY!
Breakfast - Oatmeal & Fruit
Lunch - Eat Clean Egg Salad Sandwiches
Dinner - Lentil Shepherd’s Pie

SNACKS
fruit
applesauce
homemade granola bars (project alert! recipe from Eat Clean for Families)
yogurt
nuts
popsicles (make some with leftover smoothie stuff)
toast



2 comments:

  1. Oh, the dreaded question! So much nicer when the decision has already been made, nice goin' on the menu planning again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting post... i find your posing very interesting and educative... please i need you to help me loose weight, by giving me a good workout plan and also advice on how to eat healthy. Thanks and i would appreciate

    Acai Berry Pure

    ReplyDelete