Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting To Know You...

You know the e-mails you get forwarded to you...the ones with a bunch of random questions you hit reply and answer for those who sent it?  For some reason I always have an urge to fill those out.  Maybe it is the random questions that are easy and quick to answer...gives me a feeling of accomplishment or something. 

So I got one the other day from my friend Laraine (hi Laraine!) and instead of replying via e-mail, I thought I'd share all these random tidbits with you...another window into who is Bloggy Mama!


Here goes...

What color socks are your socks right now? barefoot (I am as much as possible in the summertime!)
What are you listening to right now?
The neighbors riding their ATV's and their children screaming outside...all while I'm hoping my children are sleeping in their beds.  I'm thinking probably not...
What was the last thing that you ate?
A piece of my daughter's birthday cake
Can you drive a stick shift? 
yep, had to learn when my 1st car in high school was a manual
Last person you spoke to on the phone? 
My sistah Michelle!
Do you like the person who sent this to you? 
You Betcha!
How old are you today?
According to the Birthday Calculator I found online, I am currently 12,961 days old.  Now figure that one out! 
What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
um...not really any - except the Olympics
What is your favorite drink ? 
Alcoholic?  Anything fruity and sweet with no overly alcoholly taste (guessing 'alcoholly' isn't really a word...).  Basically 'foo foo' drinks.  Or Riesling wine.  Non-alcoholic would be something simple like iced tea, lemonade or...good ole H20!
Have you ever dyed your hair?
Yes, but not for a long time.  And the gray (and white!) hairs are creeping in.  My daughter found a white hair from my head the other day and said "Mom!  Look at this!  You are getting OLD!  You are gonna DIE!!!"  So dramatic.
Favorite food?
Ice Cream...no question.
Favorite day of the year? 
Any day where my family is healthy, happy and connected.  Sounds cheesy...but it's true.

How do you vent anger? Various ways...sometimes shouting, sometimes talking, sometimes getting super focused on a project like cleaning, or redirecting my attention to something benign like a magazine or TV show
What was your favorite toy as a child?
My Little Ponies and my Cabbage Patch Dolls
What is your favorite season?
SpringSummerFall (does that count as one season if I leave out the spaces?)
Cherries or Blueberries?
depends, but if just to eat by the handful, for sho cherries.  Love me some blueberry pancakes though!
Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? 
Um...it's on a blog instead, so this question doesn't count.
Who is the most likely to respond?
Doesn't Count #2
Who is most likely not to respond?  Doesn’t Count #3
When was the last time you cried? Got teary eyed?  This morning in church.  Actual sob? don't remember.
 What is on the floor of your closet?
Lotsa stuff.  Shoes, slippers, Rubbermaid box full of books, blankets folded up, a vacuum, and um...probably several other things.  
Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to?
Doesn't Count #4
What did you do last night? Celebrated my daughter's 11th birthday with many dear friends
What are you most afraid of?
Something horrible happening to any loved ones, especially my kiddos or husband
Cheese, or spicy hamburger?
cheese (weird question...what the heck is a spicy hamburger?)
Favorite dog breed?
The one PJ (our dog) is!  Which we believe is a blend of German Shepherd and Golden Retriever.
Favorite day of the week?
Friday
How many states  have you lived in?
5 (Iowa, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, and now Minnesota)
Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds
What is your favorite flower? 
Gerbera Daisies.  And Hydrangeas.

See how much I've accomplished?!  Now to go tuck in my children (shoulda done that about 15 minutes ago...) and do some laundry and a load of dishes.  Ahh..more to accomplish!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment