Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We Love Workouts! (Shred Edition)

How many of you all are doing or have done the 30-Day Shred (from Jillian Michaels of Biggest Loser fame)?  After hearing about it from a neighbor, co-worker and dozens of online friends, I decided it was time for me to give it a try!  I picked it up a couple months ago from Target, but I thought I wasn't quite ready for it at the time.

So about a month ago I started doing the Shred workouts here and there...in between my running day workouts and other DVD or Wii related workout programs I was using.  To date I've only done 6 Shred workouts!  But inspired by Mamavation gal Paige, I decided yesterday that I would do the Shred EVERY DAY until I've gotten to 30 Days!  That includes on days that I do my run workout or other workouts.  For example...this morning I did a 5K in prep for the race day I have coming up on Mother's Day!  I'm still not running the entire 5K...but I run at least half of it, and hopefully by race day I can run nearly all of it!

The Shred is just 20 minutes in length, but it kicks my butt...and I've only been doing Level One!  So I know if I do it consistently for the next 24 days, I will definitely see some good results!  My fave workout in Level One is the extension row (upper arms/back) exercise.  The one that is my least favorite is the squat & reach exercise. 

When I started doing the Shred, I decided I would take a picture of myself after every Shred workout.  I'll continue this tradition and post the pics from time to time!  Shred days 1-6 right here:

Day 1 of the Shred

 Day 2

 Day 3 

 Day 4

 Day 5

OH SHOOT!  I didn't take a pic after my workout yesterday for Day 6!  Oh well, it still counts!  :)

Whether you Shred or don't Shred, link up your posts about your workouts on the MckLinky below...celebrate workouts with me!



2 comments:

  1. You rock! Love the photos! I did the shred, too, and loved it. I got sick about half way through, but picked back up again and finished my 30 days. Had major results. I'll link up a post. :)

    ReplyDelete