Sunday, April 11, 2010

Menu Plan: April 12-April 18th


It's been a while since I've done a Menu Plan post...because, honestly, I haven't been doing much menu-planning.  And guess what else?  My eating hasn't been great.  On vacation last week to Colorado it was actually downright bad.  If I don't go into things prepared, goals...intentions...etc...it all unravels pretty quickly.  To the tune of weight gain.  I don't want that.  To the tune of feeding myself and my family stuff that is uber-processed and devoid of nutrients.  I don't want that.

Meeting my weight loss goals are just too important to let this continue to slide.  Feeding my family healthy food is just.too.important.

So...here is my up & coming weekly menu plan.  Yesterday I got together with two friends and did 'freezer cooking' for the first time!  I've been wanting to do this for a long time...but was a little intimidated to embark on the process too!  See...organization isn't my strong suit, so I was a bit curious about the best way to put together a 'freezer cooking day'.  This way I got to learn from a couple of my friends who have done freezer cooking before (and are also, incidentally, quite good at organization). We each tackled a different recipe, tripled it to have enough for each family, and in no time we had 8 meals at-the-ready!  You'll see them show up here on the menu plan this week and in following weeks.  When you see #FreezerCooking next to a menu item,  you will know that particular item is a freezer cooking item.

So, enough talk...on with the menu!!!

MON. APRIL 12TH
Breakfast:  Cereal & Fruit, Yogurt
Lunch: Veggie Lasagna leftovers
Dinner:  Cheesy Chix & Rice Casserole
 


TUES. APRIL 13TH
Breakfast:  Oatmeal
Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Basil Soup
Dinner: Italian Turkey Sausage

WED. APRIL 14TH
Breakfast: Cereal, Fruit & Yogurt
Lunch: Quesadillas & Salad
Dinner:  Chix & Broccoli

THURS. APRIL 15TH (I will be gone to a homeschool conference)
Breakfast:  Eggs & Turkey Bacon
Lunch: Garlic Lovers White Bean Soup w/Whole Wheat Beer Bread
Dinner: Baked Ziti (#FreezerCooking)

FRI. APRIL 16TH (I will be gone to a homeschool conference)
Breakfast:  Cereal & Fruit, Yogurt & Healthy Muffins
Lunch: Turkey & Cheese Deli Sandwiches w/Veggie Chips
Dinner:  Pizza & Movie Night

SAT. APRIL 17TH (I will be gone to a homeschool conference)
Breakfast:  Choco Chip & Blueberry Protein Pancakes (#FreezerCooking)
Lunch: Daddy's Choice
Dinner: Daddy's Choice

SUN. APRIL 18TH
Breakfast:  Turkey Bacon & Eggs
Lunch: Leftovers Lunch
Dinner: Leftovers Dinner

Snacks:  Nuts, Fruit, Fresh Veggies w/Hummus, Orange Yogurt Cake, Veggie Chips,

(PS - I need some 'Snack-spiration'...I'm getting bogged down and bored with the 'same ole...same ole' with my snacks.  That breeds discontent...which often leads to cheating.  So tell me (and include a link to the recipe if needed) what YOUR favorite healthy eating snack is!)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I'd wondered where you'd gone! Way to get back on track. The freezer cooking sounds so great - I've also always wanted to try this with friend. You've found something that works for you - planning. So, keep planning away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I love freezer cooking. I love healthy smoothies for snacks, and Greek yogurt, yum.

    ReplyDelete