Saturday, March 27, 2010

What A Week!

There have been a few posts I've been meaning to get in this week, but haven't had the time or space to fit them in...until now!



Because I reserved my Monday post for my Mamavation Campaign Application video, I never got in my weigh-in post for the week!  On Monday the 22nd I weighed in with a 2 pound loss from the previous week.  YAY!  I wasn't expecting that.  March has been a tough month for me.  I mean, I didn't completely "fall off the wagon" so to speak.  I've just had several days over the course of March where I struggled with making time to exercise...and struggles with food temptations as well.  I've had a lot of good days over the course of March, but I've had some not-so-good days either.  Precisely why I had a gain (just over half a pound) a couple weeks ago.  I didn't expect much on my weigh in this past Monday.  Hoping to lose the 1/2 pound I had gain, but wasn't expecting much more.  So I was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scale and it registered at 268, two pounds down from the previous week.  So that puts me at a grand total of 23 pounds down since January 4, 2010...and 30 pounds lost since my all time highest weight of 298 pounds in March 2009.  Not bad despite a less than stellar month so far!

So I went into this week with a gift from my body...a loss of two pounds that I didn't entirely deserve.  I decided I was going to live up to that gift by eating right and working out every day.  The workouts have been happening...C25K running and DVD workouts on the other days (started the 30-Day Shred this week too...tough!)  Eating right has gone pretty well.  THOUGH today I was out and about with the kids around lunchtime and didn't plan ahead.  We went through the drive-thru at Wendy's for lunch.  I knew I couldn't get a salad b/c I'd need to eat something while I was driving and salad's aren't exactly great 'driving while eating' type food.  So, I chose the Ultimate Chicken Grill sandwich.  Not a bad choice by itself.  But I didn't choose it by itself.  I chose it as the meal...with fries and a diet soda.  Then, the girls got a free Frosty with their kids meal and I decided I would like a small Frosty too.  Later, when I got home, I looked up what I had eaten on Wendys.com and it came out to 1,070 calories and 35 grams of fat!   And most of those calories and fat came from the fries and Frosty...the very things I should've avoided in the first place!  Definitely wasn't worth the 1,070 calories!

Tomorrow I start Week 4 of the Couch to 5K program.  Week 4!  That means that YES, I AM doing this!  Though I'm a bit scared...starting tomorrow the plan has me jogging 5 minutes without stopping.  Gulp...what?  I think that running 5 mins will be more of a mental challenge than physical one.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I also got TWO bloggy awards this week...both from Cheryl at Losing My Behind.  Thanks Cheryl!  One was "One Lovely Blogger" and the other is the "Beautiful Blogger" award.  Aww shucks...I feel special!  So here's the deets on these awards...(Cheryl, I'm cutting & pasting your instructions!)


For the "One Lovely Blog Award":
* Thank and link to the person that gave you the award.
* Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
* Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won


For the "Beautiful Blogger" award:
* Thank and link to the person that gave you the award.
* Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
* Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won.
* State 7 things about yourself.


I'm handing out these blog awards to some of my new Mamavation friends!  Gals, you have been inspiring and so supportive to me in just the short few days since I've started to get to know you!  Thanks so much!  (Speaking of...have you seen my Mamavation Mom Campaign video?  Or tweeted your support for me?!?)

Okay, there are a ton more Mamavation Sistahood Moms I'd like to highlight here...to see who all the Mamavation Sistahood Moms are, click HERE.

And the "Beautiful Blogger" award asks me to share 7 things about myself...so here goes!


1 - I've sprained my right ankle over 7 times in the last 20 years...at least 2 of those times were severe enough to need a walking cast and crutches (I'm a wee bit on the clumsy side...)

2 - I've been fishing only 3 times in my life and have NEVER caught a fish.
3 - But one of those times fishing, I got a three-prong fishhook embedded in my lower lip (long but very funny story)
4 - I've dyed my hair red, brown and blonde in my lifetime.  Now it is natural (which is light brown...with a little gray!)
5 - My favorite cereal even to this day is Peanut Butter Crunch (you know, the Cap'n Crunch kind!  though I no longer eat it...)
6 - I absolutely hate vacuuming the stairs.  It is my most detested chore.  (thankfully I've taught the older children to do a great job vacuuming the stairs!)
7 - I love backpacking and have backpacked over 200 miles in my adult life

Oh, and here is one more thing...my good friend dropped off some things to me the other day, and included three shirts that she wanted to hand down to me.  They were cute shirts, but I noticed their sizes were 14/16.  I've been wearing a size 18/20 on top.  So I figured I'd put them in my box of summer clothes, hoping they'd fit me by then.  But when I got out of the shower the next day, they were sitting on the edge of the dresser staring at me.  I decided to try them on...AND THEY FIT!  Now they are stretchier or amply cut type of shirts, but STILL...I haven't worn a size 14/16 top for years.  I think since college.  It made me feel good.  I snapped a pic of me in one of the shirts.  I'll leave you with that.  Have a great weekend everybody!


11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the two awards and also for getting into the shirts and for your 2 pound loss! Way to go girl! I enjoyed learning a little more about you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay yay yay for 2 lbs down!!!! High five girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and best of luck to you for Mamavation Moms Round #4. Congrats on your 2 lbs too! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing the love! And you are looking great in those smaller tops. What a great feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the mention. My website did change from Weight No Day But Today to Bond With Karla. Congrats on the 2lbs that is excellent. Good luck with the campagain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too sweet, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 2 lb. weight loss and fitting into smaller clothes! Both very exciting accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the weight loss and the awards! You are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww..thanks everyone for the comment love! Your encouragement & support keeps me going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a week is right! Congrats on all your accomplishments and awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what I love about you I how postive you are being! I love how happy you are about your shirts! I know how happy that mad me when i could fit into my jeans again, it is such a nice feeling! Also you awards are so great how sweet it is to be able to see your accomplishments. I am very glad you are in Mamavation and know I will be here for you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete