Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We Love Workouts! (Cardio Edition)




It's time again to celebrate our workouts and what they are doing for us!  We Love Workouts - Cardio Edition!

Yesterday we (the hubs and I) started Week 2 of the Couch to 5K (C25K) program.  So that meant bumping up our running intervals from 60 seconds long to 90 seconds long.  Only an increase of 30 seconds...seems easy, right?  Not right.  The first interval of 90 seconds I literally thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest!  While we did the walking interval and I was recovering breathing I thought "no way am I going to be able to do 6 intervals of this!".  But then I thought "wait Holly, no defeatist attitudes allowed!  I CAN do this...one interval at a time!".  And that is just what we did...one interval at a time!  I made it through all 6 intervals and felt GREAT about myself afterwards.  I know, many of you reading this can run miles on end without a pounding heart and gasping for breath.  I hope to be in your shoes someday...putting in my time, effort and energy now to get there!  

Tried to take some pics...but the light rain was pelting my face here...thus the odd expression on my face:


This picture of my other running partner is much cuter:



So what about you - what do you love about your workouts this week?  What pictures have you posted that honor the work you are doing?  Link up your post about it (even if it was a post you did a couple days or a week ago) here so we can continue cheering each other on!  (NOTE:  Though this is 'Cardio Edition', if your post isn't related to cardio, that is okay, link up your workout post anyway!)

If you want to grab the 'We Love Workouts' button for your sidebar or blog post, the HTML is on the right sidebar.  Copy and paste!  Or right click on the image and save it to your desktop.

Looking forward to your links!  (next week will be We Love Workouts-Strength Training Edition!)



1 comment:

  1. I posted a sweat pic this morning! I plan on looking more into the C25K more when we get back from vacation. There's lots of bloggers doing it. I was never one for peer pressure!

    ReplyDelete