Monday, March 22, 2010

The Next 'Mamavation Mom'...

Who's gonna be the next 'Mamavation Mom'My hope is that it will be ME!!!
Three days ago, via a link from a Twitter friend, I learned about the Mamavation Mom Campaign.  Just in time to apply, hooray!  I instantly loved what it is all about!


So, you may be wondering, what the heck is the Mamavation Mom Campaign all about anyway?


Click HERE to learn more about what being a Mamavation Mom means!  The short version is that two lucky women who are striving to lose weight and become healthier are given the opportunity to serve for 7 weeks as a "Mamavation Mom" - able to support, encourage and motivate other women going through similar weight loss journey's through blogs, Twitter and even online TV!  In addition, these "Mamavation Moms" are provided with a number of tangible resources and the wisdom of nutrition and fitness experts to help them on their weight loss journey!  AWESOME! 


Right now Mamavation is accepting applications for the next two Mamavation Moms.  I want to be one of them!  Applications are being accepted March 22nd through April 1st.  Then, five applicants will be selected for you to vote on from April 5th to April 12th before a HUGE Twitter Party on the 12th reveals the next two Mamavation Moms! 
As part of the application process, I recorded the following 'vlog'...my first one EVER!  Just a touch over 4 minutes of your time.  It's me being vulnerable...and I'm totally freaked out by posting it...so make it worth my while...watch it!  Then, read below...I need your help with something!


Okay, Bookieboo, the gal behind the Mamavation Moms Campaign needs to know that I've got a lot of friends out there that are excited and behind me in my endeavors to be the next Mamavation Mom.  Would you please tweet this (below) to show your support?!?  The more, the better!  Tweet away!

Hey @bookieboo! I want @bloggymama to be the next #Mamavation Mom. She has my support!


(Edit  Also, regardless of the outcome of the Mamavation Mom Campaign, I'm pledging to join the Sistahood...watching my first Mamavation TV tonight, it is awesome...all about strength training, which is something I could really stand to learn more about!  


To learn more about me, click on the History of Holly link below, and come back for Part 3, coming up on Thursday this week!)


PS - did you come here looking for the next installment of History of Holly?  It was bumped this week for the Mamavation Moms Campaign post, BUT it will be back with Part 3 soon!



12 comments:

  1. I will look forward to voting for you!!!! This is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally vote for you, if I had a twitter account. But, I'm one of 3 people who still hasn't succumbed to this form of social networking. So, instead I'll just wish you LOTS and LOTS of luck! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the vlog! I will be tweeting my little heart out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video! Lots of luck with the campaign and your whole weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun! The possibility intrigued me, but I couldn't handle all of the requirements...so, you've got my vote! I'll be tweeting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you. Be sure to connect with the Sistahood and do a Mamavation Monday post connection here http://bookieboo.ning.com/group/mamavation/forum/topics/mamavation-follow-along-week-9-1

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you applied. I love what you said about not needing a gym membership and still being able to cook nutritious foods on a budget. Congrats on taking the first step! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodluck! You've done a fantastic job thus far and I know you can do it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your 1st vlog!! The sistahood support is amazing!!! I love my sistas!!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT Vlog! You look so relaxed! :)

    And, congrats on your weight loss thus far-- fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck fellow applicant :-) I will totally support you if you are chosen!!

    ReplyDelete