Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just for Fun!

I see 'blog awards' all over the blogs I read and I secretly hoped that one day I'd get one!  So imagine my surprise when Salina at Becoming A... nominated me for the Bald Face Liar Creative Writer Award!  Thanks Salina!!  So, it is a 'just-for-fun' award where I get the pleasure of telling you several lies about myself and one truth.


The official 'award rules' are to then nominate 7 of my favorite bloggers for the award as well.  But seriously, how could I pick just 7?  So I decided to turn it into a friendly competition.  In the comments, leave your guess as to which of the following is the ONE TRUTH.  If you get it right, you win an award!

You have up until Wednesday to leave your guess...then I will make my nominations!

Here are my Five Lies and One Truth (in no particular order...)


PS - Mom?  Sister?  Husband?  Yeah, you guys aren't eligible...seeing as how you know EVERYTHING about me!


1 - My uncle convinced my mom that she should name me 'Holly' if I was born in December.  Since I was due in mid-November, my mom never thought she'd have to make good on the deal.  But I was late.  Thus, my name is Holly.
2 - Had I been born in November as expected, my name would have been Julia.
3 - I have traveled to every continent except Antarctica.
4 - On one of those travels, I was deported after spending several hours in an immigration detaining room with ex-cons, drug smugglers and such.
5 - I had my eyebrow pierced for about a year when I lived in Ireland
6 - I have three tattoos, though none are visible to others when I wear *normal* clothes.

So there you have it.  Actually every one of the above six comments has an element of truth to them, but only one is entirely true...which do you think it is?

4 comments:

  1. I'll go for #3 as a lie. And if it is true then I am envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think #2 is the lie..I think the name would have been something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking #3.

    I love #1 though. That's really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the truth statement is #6. :)

    ReplyDelete