Sunday, March 7, 2010

Do or Do Not Challenge Catch-Up + Menu Plan!

Kris at Eclipsed does an awesome weekly Do or Do Not Weight Loss challenge that I have been participating in since week 1!  Believe it or not, we are now finishing Week 9!  

How time flies!

Though I've been reading the challenge posts, I haven't checked in about them in a couple weeks!

So here goes!


Week 8 Challenge Goals:


1 - Plan How To Deal With Cravings:
Well, as you have seen here and here, I haven't done perfectly at dealing with the inevitable cravings.  BUT there are some things that help me day to day.  Reviewing my weight loss bucket list always puts me in the right perspective.
Menu-planning has been helping me BIG TIME!  I make my menu-plan for the week, then make my grocery list.  Then I go to the store and get what is on the list.  Keeping to the plan ensures that I am eating a wide variety of foods to keep my palate entertained, and I plan for healthy snacks too.

2 - Add Strength Training To Workout Routine:
Thankfully, the 30-Day Jump Start DVD that I've been alternating with my C25K workout includes strength training (Upper Body, Core, and Lower Body), so I didn't need to add it in, but on some exercises that had started to get easier, I changed up the weight that I was using on them to make them more challenging.


Week 9 Challenge Goals:

Kris had some great things to say about the idea of balance in this journey.  So true!


1 - Get 7-8 Hours Every Night This Week:
I failed miserably at this.  Actually, from Ash Wednesday until about a week ago, I got to bed before midnight every night.  That was my Lenten goal, but I fell off the wagon with it last weekend when we had a long overdue date night that kept us out til midnight, followed by another late night with friends at our house.  Then pretty much every night since then I've been up later than midnight...falling into old patterns.  I totally agree with the need for sleep...watch for a post later this week with another take on the topic!


2 - Eat 1 Serving of Fruits or Veggies With Every Meal:
This has been an easy one, mainly because I try to make sure my kids have a serving of fruit or veggies with every meal...and I feel like a mommy hypocrite if I made them eat their veggies but I wouldn't eat mine.  Plus fruit is my new 'candy'...meaning it satisfies my cravings for something sweet.  I love apples, oranges, grapes and pineapple the most...but I'll eat ANY fruit (except bananas...I have a weird texture thing with those...)

Speaking of food, here is my menu plan for the week of March 8th-14th:



Monday, March 8th
B-fast: Serve Yourself (yogurt, cereal, fruit, toast)
Lunch: Hot Dogs & Homemade Chips (tortilla)
Dinner: Zesty Pork Tenderloin


Tuesday, March 9th
B-fast: Eggs & Bacon
Lunch: Crispy Tuna Triangles (Eat Clean for Families Cookbook)
Dinner: White Chicken Chili with Whole Grain Rolls


Wednesday, May 10th
B-fast: Serve Yourself
Lunch: Eat Clean Egg Salad Sandwich (from Eat Clean for Families Cookbook)
Dinner: Asian Chicken Noodle Bowls


Thursday, May 11th
B-fast: Breakfast Casserole (Wholesome Sugar Free Cooking Cookbook)
Lunch: Velvety Chicken Soup (Wholesome Sugar Free Cooking Cookbook)
Dinner:


Friday, May 12th
B-fast: Protein Pancakes with Blueberries
Lunch: Cleaned Up PB & J (from Eat Clean for Families Cookbook)
Dinner: Make It Ourselves Pizza (Pizza & Movie Night)


Saturday, May 13th
B-fast: Omelet Roll-Ups (from Eat Clean for Families Cookbook)
Lunch: Leftovers Lunch
Dinner: Sloppy Joes (Eat Clean for Families Cookbook)


Sunday, May 14th
B-fast: Serve Yourself
Lunch: Leftover Sampler
Dinner: Baked Ziti (Eat Clean for Families Cookbook)



I haven't done great at including everything I eat in the sidebar over there -----> every day, though I am tracking it on SparkPeople.  SOooo...I think I'll modify the sidebar to just include my daily totals (calories, fat, carbs & protein).

2 comments:

  1. wow you are doing great! looks like you are really making good changes :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading more about your thoughts on sleep. I agree, it's such an important piece of weight-loss! Sounds like you are doing awesome!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete