Saturday, February 13, 2010

Totally Unrelated...

...but I wanted to point you all over to The Homeschool Classroom, where I just had my first post as a contributing writer...yay!  See it HERE (it has great links for fun things to do with your kids...especially if you are a homeschooling mom!).

It has nothing to do with weight loss, but it DOES have to do with personal goals, which in the bigger picture is in the same vein of my weight loss endeavors.  One of my goals is to continue to grow and learn in my role as 'teacher' to my children.  Another goal is to increase the amount of writing I'm doing this year...on my own blogs, as a contributor for other blogs, for paid and volunteer local journalistic or web copy gigs, etc. 

My personal homeschooling blog is Dressel Academy.




PS - this is weight loss related.  I ate my first candy tonight in a LONG time...3 Reese's Hearts (bite-size) and one Hershey's Kiss.  Two month ago I would have ate the whole bag.  Can't help but feel like I shouldn't have had it at all, but at the same time I think I enjoyed but yet stayed fully in control with no need or even desire to binge out on them.  (ok...there was a teeny tiny desire...but it was easily squashed.)  Tomorrow is going to be a major workout day! (not b/c of the candy above, just cause I've missed out on a lot of exercise this week...and because I'm craving it!  (did I just say I was craving exercise?))

2 comments:

  1. Great will power! I still can't eat candy - I'm afraid those peanut butter hearts would wake up my dormant cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My willpower is still not as strong as I want it to be...I was around a lot of sweets this past weekend and indulged more than I wanted to...BUT I will note that I didn't go crazy or binge on the sweets, which I totally would have done in the past. And thankfully my kids and husband did a good job of polishing off most of the sweets so I didn't have fight my willpower off for too long! :)

    ReplyDelete