Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recap of the PFG & FPFG Get-Together

Saturday was the Prior Fat Girls and FUTURE Prior Fat Girls (that's me) Blogger Get-Together!  It was hosted by Jen @ Prior Fat Girl, Amanda @ Another Prior Fat Girl and Lindsay @ Lindsay-Another Prior Fat Girl.  It was held at The Beat Coffeehouse in the Uptown area of Minneapolis.  (for those of you who aren't local, the Uptown area is the funky, artsy, unique part of town)

 
Me standing near The Beat sign inside the coffeehouse
the pic is a little dark artsy! 

I met my friend Cheryl @ Losing My Behind at the coffeehouse about 45 minutes early.  We were both coming from about a half hour away and knew that parking may be an issue...and since we both admitted to usually being chronically late, we decided to arrive early.

I got a chai, and discovered that The Beat Coffeehouse has my new all-time favorite chai...beating out both Starbucks and Caribou!  Yum...and no artificial sweeteners either...even better!  Being there early worked out great, because Cheryl and I were able to help Jen & Lindsay with their set-up when they arrived.

It was a full house!  Us PFG's and FPFG's packed out The Beat!  It was really fun getting to know other bloggers...including those whose blogs I read and who follow my blog!  I also got to meet Heidi @ Destination Skinny and Missy @ Marketing Mama.  Really fun to meet so many great people in 'real life'!  Hope I get the opportunity to meet many more of you in real life someday!

 
From L to R: Me, Jen (the host), Cheryl & Heidi

The event included opportunities to introduce ourselves, mingle, share healthy recipes & fears we have in our own journey toward health & weight loss.  We even got to write ourselves a letter that we will receive in 6 months.  It was great to envision what 6 months will bring me if I continue on this journey and don't give up.  6 months isn't that far away.  When the letter comes, I will share it with you all!

Every attendee also got a great gift bag chock full of samples, information, recipes & coupons for healthy products.  So cool!  Though I wanted to eat ALL the samples on the drive home in the car, I resisted, and chose one to eat then.  I'm planning on doing review posts for each of the samples and perhaps for some of the products that we received coupons for as well.  First revew will come sometime this week on Smartfood Popcorn Clusters in both Honey Multi-Grain and Chocolate Cookie Caramel Pecan.

My Goodie Bag!

In the weeks to come you will also see posts introducing my new and not-so-new blog friends that attended this event with me.  The biggest thing I walked away from the event with was a HUGE sense of camaraderie!  We ARE doing this!  But we are NOT doing it alone.  There are fellow bloggers and readers out there that have gone before us and have both struggled and succeeded.  There are also those just starting out for whom we may be a source of support, encouragement, education and motivation for too!

Have you ever had a chance to meet some bloggy friends in "real life"?  
Tell me about it in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. It was so nice to meet you on Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsay, it was great to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we met on Saturday, but I feel like I didn't meet 5% of the women there and that I could have stayed and talked to everyone all day! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my autograph book! I had a lot of fun making it and I'm glad it will be put to use (by someone other than me, hehe!)

    ReplyDelete