Saturday, February 20, 2010

Do or Do Not Challenge - Week 7

Week 7 already!  Crazy how time is flying...and each week that progresses means each week I've been consistent in developing healthy habits for life!  

PS - I kinda fell off of my daily posting this week for a couple days...but I was staying strong with my eating & exercising.  Just didn't have much to say I guess... 

Kris @ Eclipsed suggested the following two challenges for the Week 7 Do or Do Not (there is no try!) Challenge:

1 - When menu-planning this week, include a healthy protein and a complex carb with each meal.  
I did menu-planning for the first time in a long time this past week...and it was so nice!  No more wondeirng 'what will I make for dinner?' and groceries weren't languishing away in my fridge or cupboard with no planned purpose.  And though I made my menu-plan before the challenges this week, I went back and looked it over...and was pleased that the majority of my meals did include a healthy protein and a complex carb.  Lunches such as bean & cheese burritos (beans/whole wheat tortilla), grilled cheese & tomato soup (whole grain bread, cheese, tomatoes), and baked chicken burgers (chicken, veggies).  Dinners like Chicken & Biscuits (chicken, veggies, whole wheat biscuits), and Make-It-Ourselves Pizza (veggies, chicken & whole grain crust).   Even my fave breakfast of steel cut oatmeal with apples includes both healthy protein and complex carbs.  I do tend to have snacks that are just complex carbs or are just protein...so I am working on combining the two to create power snacks.  One of my faves so far is an old stand-by...a string cheese stick and a clementine orange.  YUM!

2 - Post encouraging messages around the house.
I haven't done this...yet.  It is a good idea though!  I plan to put my favorite motivating Bible verse on my mirror in the bathroom..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13) and the now infamous Yoda quote, "Do or Do Not, There is No Try" on my refrigerator.  Above my desk in my office I will put "Here I Come ONDERLAND!"  :)  I'll take pics after I get 'em posted, I promise!  :)  Words are powerful, one of the reasons I write and read blogs...the power of the written word is inspiring to me.  





5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing a great job! I love coming to your blog--the layout is great! Very easy to navigate but different from most. I like different:)

    Have a great Sunday with your "blessings"!
    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there my Miami Momma friend!!

    If your week was like mine, I have had a house full of sickies, and have felt MIA too!! Life just keeps going doesn't it??

    Great ideas on the new challange!! I am going to do number 2... post encouraging notes around the house.. Excellent way to keep truth before your eyes! I love that!!

    (((hugs)))) Have a beautiful day! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    The jogging DVD is one of Lesley Sansone's DVD's. It's a bonus DVD that comes with 4 Fast Miles. The bonus DVD is called Advanced Jog, which starts with a short walk warm up and then jog for a mile. I usually do it twice. I hope you can find it! I've been looking for other jogging DVD's, but have been unsuccessful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Keelie - thanks! I can't take a lot of credit for it, it is a free template that I grabbed and tweaked a bit, but I like it too!

    @Amy - we had the sickies here too, and for once I was the one that started it! PS - I'm "Minnesota" Mami (spelled that way b/c my kiddos are adopted from Colombia and that is the spanish spelling of Mommy...NOT Miami Momma...though I wish I could be somewhere that warm right now! :)

    @Dawne - thanks for the info! Too bad there aren't more options out there...but I had been thinking about getting a Leslie Sansone DVD anyway, so I'll look for the one that comes with the bonus DVD too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi And thanks for dropping by. WE haven't travelled far this time. 2 1/2 hours driving from home to the airport. 1 hour and 20 minutes flight from Auckland to Christchurch where we are spending 3 weeks. We are dividing our time between our 2 sons so hope we don't wear out our welcome. If we do a few helpful chores and cook a few meals we should stay sweet. We have no problems that I'm aware of but I do remember getting stressed out when my in-laws stayed with me when we were young so I'm determined to be sensitive and not disrupt their lives more than I can help.

    It's hot, 29`C/84`F late summer here. I'm glad the house is cool.

    ReplyDelete