Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wow...

...I knew I was out of shape, but WHEW!

Did my first workout today in a R E A L L Y long time!  Like, WAY TOO LONG!

Because of my layoff last summer and Robert's seasonal income (he works real estate, which in MN is much more busy from Spring thru Fall than it is in the snowy freezing winter), we had to let go of our gym membership to save money.  So my workouts from now on will be at home or outside.

SO...I picked up this workout DVD from Sam's Club yesterday:  Biggest Loser: The Workout - 30-Day Jump Start...going for just $7.99 on Amazon right now!  It is specifically designed to help people get into exercising for the first time in a long time...perfect for me!


BUT it still kicked my butt!  And get this - the workout is only 10 minutes long!  They have it broken down into 4 weeks and then Monday thru Friday (though obviously you can do any day when you want - I did "Monday's Workout' today).  And the workouts, at least in this first week, are only 10 minutes long!  Today was Cardio 1...10 minutes long, but easily left me breathless and my heart pounding!

BUT IT FEELS GOOD!

What are you doing for your exercise routine?  What helps you pep talk yourself to 
exercise when you don't feel like it? 

3 comments:

  1. I need to get that! May need to consider dropping the gym membership (hope not).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! thanks for commenting on my blog. I would love to follow along with you as it seems we are so simalar. I have such trouble with excersise! ugg I just can't get motivated to get moving. I always think I am going to work in movement naturally to my daily routines but it never happens. I had a gym membership for a while but I could never seem to get there.

    I love to swim but that is about it. I am thinking I haven't tried a work out dvd in a long time. maybe I should. I have som old ones I can take out and dust off :) I'll make that my next weeks goal.

    thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Deanna! I have never been a huge fan of workout videos, but living in the sub-zero land of Minnesota, exercising outdoors is difficult to impossible in the winter to exercise outdoors regularly. My sister also sent me the Biggest Loser workout Wii game...have yet to try that out. BUT so far (2 days!) the workout videos have helped...my kids even did it with me today!

    Cheryl - hope you guys don't have to drop the club membership...we loved it while we had it, but we are making due without...since it was above 25 degrees today, the kiddos and I went on a walk!

    ReplyDelete