Monday, January 11, 2010

Losing Weight & Doing Good in the Community!


Cheryl at Losing My Behind posted about the Pound for Pound Challenge sponsored by The Biggest Loser.  I checked out the site and was inspired.  Not only could my weight loss be good for me, it could be good for others too!

I signed up at the Pound for Pound Challenge for their maximum pledge of 50 pounds (we all know I'll be losing more than that, but that was all I could pledge due to site restrictions).

Pound for Pound teams up with local food banks and will provide one pound of food to the local food bank of your choice to be used for impoverished families in your very own community.  LOVE THAT!

Give me even more motivation to keep 'workin' it'...not just for myself, but for those in my community that need a helping hand!

If you are planning to lose any weight this year, go to Pound for Pound to make your pledge too!

Leave a comment and let me know what you pledged!


PS - Weight loss in Week 1 went GREAT!  I am down to 283.6 (from 291.2!)!!  That is a loss of 7.6 pounds!  I will keep track of the amount lost in my right sidebar!
CLICK HERE to head on over to my other blog "Gonna Want This!" to get your FREE Biggest Loser Music Sampler download for some songs to groove to while you're workin' out!  (will be posted at noon on Monday, 1/11/10)

CLICK HERE for a short article on "Making the Portion & Calorie Cut" by Jillian Michaels...straightforward easy ideas on how to control portions (and thus reduce caloric intake)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hol, thanks for the shout out! Pound for pound is just one more piece of motivation to add to the rest, love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an awesome weight loss! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete