Sunday, January 4, 2009

Making Over Me

A new blog to chronicle a new me!

I always have goals and even start ideas of how to achieve those goals. But those efforts always get overrun by busy-ness, fatigue, new projects, whatever life throws my way. That leads me to live in crisis mode it seems like ALL the time...and that only creates more issues and doesn't help me achieve ANY of my goals! Can I really do a focus on "Making Over Me" for 365 days in 2009? What will I "look like" come January 4, 2010 if I did that?

This blog will start with two readers - myself and my husband. Over time I may add more readers, and perhaps eventually it will become a blog open to many more for inspiration and perhaps even tutorials based on my own learning process!

Okay, so I'm going to have seven categories of Making Over Me, so I can blog on one category per day of the week. They are:

HEALTH (Monday) - this category involves eating healthy, exercising, losing weight, using nature to be more healthy (in food choices, supplements, treating medical concerns, getting my body ready to carry a baby, etc.

HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT (Tuesday) - this involves home organization, time management, family organization/management, etc. All of this leads to better efficiency for me and our family!

MOTHERHOOD (Wednesday) - learning how to be the best mom I can be! This includes my learning on things like discipline, teaching and creative & fun parenting!

GETTING BACK TO BASICS (Thursday) - also known as "living simply". I long to live a much more simple and uncluttered life - not just materially speaking, but overall.

ENTREPRENUERSHIP (Friday) - first of all, is that a word? :) Anyway, the idea here is focusing time, energy and creative juices on developing an ability to make money being my own boss. The main areas this will be devoted to is honing my writing and the ability to turn that into something that can make money for us AND however I may be able to work with Robert to help further the success and financial gain from our real-estate business. This category will also include other ways I can help save my family money - things like bargain hunting!

APPEARANCE (Saturday) - I feel shallow writing that, but I need this category to be distinguished from weight loss. Certainly losing weight will improve my appearance, but that doesn't mean my appearance should be "on hold" until the weight has been lost. I think I have been living that way somewhat - that I don't focus as much on my appearance now because I know that I won't truly look my best until I shed 100 pounds. But I will still look better if I do some work on my appearance. This will include things like dress, make-up, skin-care, etc.

CREATIVITY (Sunday) - I have a creative/artsy side, but I've never focused it long enough on something to really develop an expertise. I'd like to complete some of the creative projects I've begun in the past and really work on developing my ability in other areas of creativity - in particular sewing and other homemaking abilities that can benefit my family!

So there we have it - my resolutions and my list of daily blogging topics on Making Over Me. Perhaps with a daily focus on my goals, the goals will actually get met! Check back often, as there will be daily updates and weekly other additions to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment