Monday, December 26, 2011

Making Over Me: The Sequel!

When I first started this blog, it was intended to be a journal of my weight loss journey.  And I journaled that journey here...until I stopped that journey.  Why did I stop?  No real reason.  One goal I had made for myself way back when was to run in a 5K.  I trained for that 5K (using THIS program) and I completed my goal.  Along the road to completing that goal, I lost 20 pounds or so.  I was feeling good, looking better.  But then it was as if reaching that goal signified the end.  When in reality I was far from it.  I stopped working daily and soon my eating habits were back to their old destructive selves.  And I gained back the 20 odd pounds I had lost.  I didn't do a great job of "Making Over Me".

Later I thought about changing the name of this blog, because I was still blogging here on occasion, but it was mainly family life and day to day occurrences.  But then I started thinking about it.  Whether it is weight loss, growing in my faith, or working towards other goals, daily I am, in some way, making myself over day by day.

Over the last month or so, I believe the Lord has impressed upon my heart the word "Purposeful".  Through a Bible Study I am in with other women, God brought the perspective of being 'purposeful' to my mind.  As I have mulled over that thought, I have decided to make my goal for 2012 to be about being more "purposeful" in many ways.  I want to be more purposeful with my time.  More purposeful with my words - what I say to others.  More purposeful in the choices I make overall.  And more purposeful with my health.

So, I'm kicking off the 'Making Over Me' sequel!  But it won't just focus on weight loss...and it won't always focus on my efforts to be more purposeful.  Sometimes it'll just be a post about a funny thing my daughter said, or something I read or saw that I want to pass on.

A gift I believe I've been given, and something that I want to hone in 2012 and beyond, is my love of writing.  Therefore I will be writing more.  On this blog, and hopefully on a novel that has been 'in the works' (in my head) for years!  Time for it to be put into action!

Stay tuned my friends!


1 comments:

Keelie said...

Love your new perspective on the blog! It is a great title. Best wishes on a purposeful 2012!
Keelie

Post a Comment